Monday 21 September 2009

Things are looking up

I remember the day I started this blog, I'd just returned a woeful 89 costing me about six golf balls and a handful of dignity. But I pledged on this very blog to the entire world that I shall improve and this weekend there was a very definite sign that I have. On both Saturday and Sunday this week I can confidently say that I played like a 5 handicapper, yey! Saturday I shot a seasons best 5 five over which included a double bogey via going out of bounds and Sunday in a friendly scratch matchplay I beat my good professional golfer friend, yey again!!!

So things are looking up, practice is working and coaching ideas seem to be having a good effect (early days though). But, I've got three more events before season ends that can effect my handicap. I'm going to set myself the goal to reduce my handicap before the season is out. I'm currently 5.1, if i'm anything less than that after the 4th October then I'll be delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment