Sunday 6 September 2009

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step

Today shot a rather dis-pleasing 18 over par 89 ( if you are wondering how, I had a 20 foot putt on 18 for a 88 but left it just next to hole).
So driving home I noticed how not upset I was, how I was behaving as if an 89 in perfect condtions was normal and how I accepted that for the past 5 hours I had just existed on the golf course rather than lived and enjoyed my precious weekends.

So I decided action was necessary and have come up with 3 changes to improve my game:

1. Get a coach
2. Join a gym
3. Maintain this blog

Point 1 most of you read and thought "well dur" but to explain I did have lessons and my game benefitted for this but my friend and pro decided to quit teaching to have a bash at "living the dream" and focussing ony on his own game.
So I need to find a coach whom I like and trust and will gladly obey and return to. At the moment a recommended guy called "Rick" looks most likely to earn my dough.

Point 2 you could argue I should spend time practising not working out but I feel if I feel fitter this could have a positive effect on my mindset. Also remember I need find the secret to get better from being resonably good 5 handicapper (excusing today of course) and all the good players I know hit it further than me with their big man arms as oppose to my school boy arms.

Point 3 is a committment to ensure I stick to the other two commitments, I've done this page at least. Is today the first day of the rest of my golfing life? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment