Tuesday 15 September 2009

OK - Journey to scratch

I'm going to say a word now that I've purposely avoided till now: "Scratch". The goal is to get to scratch handicap - there I said it, but as I originally called this blog "From 5 handicap downwards" and not "From 5 to scratch" you can tell I'm a little tentative with the word Scratch. Because what if I don't get there? - perfectly possible, scratch is a difficult handicap - will I look a fool for suggesting it?, Am I arrogant for thinking it? I think the answer is that I'm better for mentioning it than not, because now I've got a real live goal - a target to train towards, which am sure all the positive thinking gurus wouldn't discourage. Scratch it is, I am on a mission to get to scratch.

I'm brought to introduce the word scratch by my new coach. I had a lesson this evening and was instantly inspired. My new coach was very interested to get to know my game and aspirations and acted like a coach, not a teacher, which just what I wanted. He give me training drills, pictures of my swing and a promise of some body conditioning work - it all felt very professional and I now have a renewed confidence and desire to work. I'm inspired and raring to go low.

No comments:

Post a Comment